Magnet School Application and Lottery Information
The Magnet Program registration window will be open from March 5, 2019 through April 4, 2019
To learn more about the programs and the registration process, share the following link https://www.fcps.edu/registration/elementary-magnet-school-lottery.with interested parents by Friday, January 18, 2019 and encourage families to attend one of the Parent Informational Nights:
- Hunters Woods Elementary, Cafeteria, February 7, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- Snow date: February 11 at 6:00 p.m.
- Bailey’s Primary, Cafeteria, February 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m.
- Snow date: February 12 at 6:30 p.m.
- Bailey’s Upper, Cafeteria, February 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
- Snow date: February 13 at 6:00 p.m.
As stated in Notice 5922, a one-time pupil placement application fee applies for students accessing special programs outside of their base school for World Language Immersion or Magnet School Programs. This $100 fee must be paid upon acceptance to the program. For more information, please visit the Magnet Lottery Fees – Frequently Asked Questions webpage.
Families wanting to apply for the Magnet Lottery will be required to have a SIS account. If a student is not currently enrolled in FCPS, registration at the base school for the upcoming school year will be required.